AKAI S6000 V2 90's Classic16 bit LO-FI Professional Rack Sampler - 100-240V!
The S-series samplers from Akai are most likely the best 16-bit samplers in the world. This AKAI sampler has great sounds, is very powerful and features plenty of RAM and polyphony. It is perfect for all your sampling needs, on stage or in the studio. These units are still popular and in use today by producers and engineers worldwide as you can't beat the sound of these classic AKAI units. The S6000 has been used by loads of amazing artists over the years such as The Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Squarepusher, Amon Tobin and more!
- This is a used unit.
- This unit is in great condition only showing some minor wear from use and age. There is a scratch on the screen. It does not detract from use or functions. It still has the plastic covering on the sides!
- This unit is the S6000V2 running OS 2.00
- The faceplace does not sit on the front of the unit. It does not have the small orignal VGA display cable. The VGA display cable which ships with the unit is longer so you can use the sampler remotely. It is approximately 2.7m long. This unit is also missing some plastic where the face would normally clip into. Please see photos for further details.
- If you remove the VGA cable you can still screw the faceplate into the front while the unit not in use.
- This unit has been tested and we can confirm it is working as it should. There are no faults to note.
- This unit has been serviced. The service included installing a brand new Gotek USB floppy disk drive emulator. The Gotek is running the latest Flash Floppy program. A 16GB formatted USB has been included. This USB has 30 blank virtual disks ready to save samples on.
- This unit has been fitted with some expansions. These include:
- 256Mb of RAM installed.
- Rare EB20FX card is still there! Usually these get removed as they are very sort after. These cards alone sell for $300-$400 on Ebay.
- Vox64 Voice Expansion Card - Expands voices from 64 to 128.
- This unit still has the 8 output board installed too! This brings the units total outputs to 16.
- This unit is 100-240V so is worldwide compatible. It powers on with a standard IEC cable. This cable is not included in the sale.
Control Panel: 320 x 240‑pixel backlit display.
Polyphony: 128 voices (Including the VOX64)
Assignable Outputs: Expandable to 16 (Expansion board is installed)
Sample Rates: 44.1kHz and 48kHz.
Converters: 18‑bit A‑D converters with 64 times oversampling (Delta Sigma), D‑A converters are 20‑bit 128 times oversampling (Delta Sigma).
Digital I/O: S/PDIF and AES‑EBU (ADAT optional - not included).
MIDI: Two sets of In, Out and Thru; 32‑part multitimbrality.
SCSI: Two ports (50‑pin miniature) with termination switch.
Word Clock: Input on both models.
Filters: Resonant, 26 types.
LFOs: Two, offering nine waveforms.
ADSR Generators: Two (multi‑stage aux envelope generator).
If you are in a remote area you may incur extra fees.
Pick up from West Gosford is free!
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.