E-MU Emulator III EIII Digital Sound Production System (Aftertouch is faulty)
The Emulator III (EIII) is a classic 80's professional sampler workstation / Digital Sound Production System. As it was very expensive, around US $15,000 when it was released it was not bought by many artists, however the EIII being EMU's biggest and most professional sampler at the time could be found in many big production studios. Only around 1200 were ever sold making this a pretty rare piece. The EIII has CD quality specs, 44.1kHz or 22kHz sampling, extensive sample editing features, a 16 track sequencer, CEM filter chips, arpeggiator, MIDI, SMPTE, SCSI, Stereo output plus 16 individual outs plus much more! The EIII has been used in the production of many famous artists albums like Janet Jackson, Depeche Mode, Genesis, Yanni, Dr Dre, Hector Zazou and more!
• This is a used unit.
• This unit is in excellent condition only showing some minor wear from general use over the years mostly on the back panel. Please see photos.
• This unit has had a minor service and has been tested. We can confirm it is functional.
• This unit has one fault. This is that the aftertouch is not working very well. The EIII is known to have a sluggish aftertouch, on this one it is very hard to press in some places and more responsive in others.
• This is the 8MB model. It is running firmware version 2 and software version 2.42.
• This unit has 7 banks holding many presets on the internal hard drive. These Include Marcato Strings, Prophet 5, Classic Guitar and OB synths.
• This unit is 100-220V and powers up with a standard IEC cable so is worldwide compatible. (IEC is not included)
Polyphony - 16 voices
Sampler - 16-bit, 44.1kHz (67 seconds)
Sequencer - 16 tracks, 100 patterns, 100 songs
Filter - CEM
VCA - ADSR envelope control
Keyboard - 61 keys (velocity and aftertouch)
Memory - 4Mb expandable to 8Mb
Control - MIDI
Date Produced - 1987
Standard postage within Australia is free. We have tried to estimate express postage, however if you are in a remote area you may incur extra fees.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
The Lofi Music Team have been providing professional audio solutions, restoration and repairs in the Sydney and Central Coast area for over ten years. Please see our very positive feedback and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about this item or any other awesome synths you find in our store!