Korg Sigma KP-30 SN #55 70's Vintage Analogue Monophonic Synthesiser - 240V
The Sigma is an interesting bi-timbral synthesiser consisting of two sections: a genuine analogue "Synthe" and a Preset "Instrument" section. All together, there are 19 presets on it that give a variety of sounds. There are 11 presets for the "Instrument" section which include fuzz guitar, electric bass, clavi, string, flute, double reed, trumpet, hammered percussion, etc. And there are 8 presets for the "Synthe" section that give variable waveforms (square, pulse, sawtooth) in different pitch ranges (from 32' to 4'). Each preset has its own rotary control to vary its sounds. The Sigma is also unique for its ability to combine the synth and instrument sections for a nicer, layered synth sound or effect. Cool joysticks add multi-dimensional control. Use one to control pitch, noise and vibrato and use the second joystick to edit the low-pass and hi-pass voltage controlled filters! There is also an "Effect" section which is for Vibrato, Portamento, Sample and Hold, Noise, Key Hold, Multiple Trigger and Ring Modulator (each with it's own rotary control to vary it's sound). Even though it has a switch labelled "Ring Mod," it's actually a cross-mod. It lets you cross modulate between the instrument and Synth sections. (Vintage Synth Explorer)
- This is a used unit.
- Physically this unit is in great condition for its age. It shows some general wear from use and age like some nicks, light scratches and marks. Overall it is still a beautiful piece. All text is clear and legible. Most wear appears on the veneer side panels. Overall this is a very nice vintage synth!
- All switches, and controls function as they should.
- This Sigma has recently been serviced. All faulty components were removed and replaced.
- The serial number on this unit is number 55! It is a very early model.
Please be aware this unit is 240V. This means it is ready to plug and play within Australia and New Zealand!
- If you purchase from outside Australia you may need a step-up transformer to use this unit. Please contact us if you need any help sourcing the correct product.
Polyphony - Monophonic (Bi-timbral: 2 different sounds at the same time)
Oscillators - Synth and String sections with a total of 18 VCO's. Sawtooth and Square waveforms along with PWM and noise are available in the "Synth" section.
Filter - 12dB/oct Low-pass and Hi-pass with 'Joystick' controller
If you are in a remote area you may incur extra fees.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
We do not accept returns for incorrect purchase or change of mind.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
The Lofi Music Team have been providing professional audio solutions, restoration and repairs in the Sydney and Central Coast area for over ten years. Please see our very positive feedback and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about this item or any other awesome synths you find in our store!
This item is listed elsewhere. We reserve the right to end this listing at any time.