Moog Prodigy Vintage Analogue Monophonic Synthesiser Early Model - 120V
We do not come across these very often! The Moog prodigy was released in 1979 and production stoped in 1984 after 11,000 were made. This unit for sale would be an earlier model as the serial number is 2959.
The Prodigy has since become a very popular and widely used Bass-synth in techno and electronic music. It was designed as an affordable dual-oscillator synth. Its simple yet effective design employs two voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs) with saw, triangle and pulse waveforms...all classic analog stuff! There's also a genuine Moog 24dB / octave lowpass filter, A/D/S envelope generator, and LFO with square or triangle waveforms and routing to the VCF, VCO or both! Even Portamento, Pitch and Mod wheels.
The Prodigy has been used by loads of great artists over the years such as Fatboy Slim, Prodigy, Howard Jones, Depeche Mode, Blur, Solaris, Jimmy Edgar, Massive Attack, Nine Inch Nails, Tycho and more.
• This is a used unit.
• This unit has had a thorough service and clean. It has since been tested and we can confirm it works and sounds as great as it should!
• This unit is physically in great condition for its age. It shows some general, minor wear such as small nicks and scratches, mostly on the wooden side panels. Nothing major at all. Please see all photos.
• This Prodigy is missing two of the white switch caps. (At the time of listing, brand new printed replacements are available online from a few different overseas sellers)
• Please be aware this unit is 120V. This means it MUST be used with a step-down transformer within Australia. This MOOG will be supplied with the correct, 240V - 120V Isolated step-down if buyer is located within Australia or New Zealand. If you purchase from overseas you may also need a step-down. Please ask if you are unsure so we can help you source the correct item.
• This sale is for the MOOG Prodigy only. Nothing else is included unless it has been mentioned above.
Polyphony - Monophonic
Oscillators - 2 VCO's with sawtooth, triangle, and pulse (narrow/square) waveforms
LFO - Square or Triangle
Filter - 24 dB/oct lowpass w/ cutoff, emphasis, A/D/S envelope
VCA - Attack, Decay, Sustain
Keyboard - 32 keys
Date Produced - 1979 - 1984
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
This item is listed elsewhere. We reserve the right to end this item at any time.