Star Industries Synare 3 PS3 - Drum Percussion Synthesiser.
Rare, vintage, UFO looking drum machine. The Synare 3 was producded from the late 70's until the early 80's. It is a well built drum pad, it’s in a good, solid case and the control layout is very friendly. It was made in The USA by Star Instruments Inc. "It was used in many, many songs – The crack sounds in Gary Numan’s Cars, Joy Division’s She’s Lost Control, Devo’s Whip It, Kim Carnes’ Betty Davis Eyes and The Cars’ Let’s Go are a few examples. Ultravox’s Vienna uses the Synare for several different sounds throughout the piece (Text from "Secret life of Synthesisers") other notable users include Jean Michel Jarre, Depeche Mode and Herbie Hancock.
- This is a used unit.
- This Synare 3 has been serviced. It is working as it should. It definitely can produce those awesome, classic 80's drum sounds.
- This unit is triggered by hitting it with sticks.
- This unit shows obvious signs of wear. This includes where the text sticker has started to come off, as well as the black finish. Please see all photos for further details.
- Please be aware this unit powers off two 9V batteries. You must remove the top section of the drum machine by taking out the three screws. Snap the 9V batteries in and place them into their holders, and then screw it back together. The Synare 3 has a power saving feature within its circuit so you do not have to take the batteries out when you are not using it. However, if you were to put it into storage for a long period of time we would definitely recommend removing the batteries. (Batteries are not included)
- This unit does not have a mount / bracket included.
If you are in a remote area you may incur extra fees.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions and don't forget to check out our store for more pro audio gear.