Add some nice grainy tape sound to your mixes with this 8 Track cassette tape recorder from Tascam. The Tascam 488 MKII Portastudio is a 8-track "Multitrack Master" cassette tape recorder and a full-function mixer with 8 inputs/stereo outputs combined into a single workstation. The 488 MKII records on Cassette tape, high bias Type II. The recorder has 8 tracks while the mixer has 4 group outs; you can record on up to 4 tracks at one time. The 488 MKII's dbx Noise Reduction virtually eliminates unwanted tape noise. A special SYNC feature turns off the dbx on track 8 separately, making it possible to record and play back the MIDI sync tones or SMPTE/EBU time code without being affected by the dbx encode/decode. This ensures that the sync tones/code are recorded and played back without unnecessary processing.
- This is a used unit
- This unit is in good physical condition. It shows some general wear like nicks, scuffs, marks from where stickers use to be and light scratches. Some of the knob caps also show some wear too. Overall it is still a nice Portastudio. Please see photos for further details.
- This unit has been professionally serviced. It sounds great and is ready to go at home or in the studio!
- This 488 MK II has been thoroughly tested. All functions are working as they should.
- This unit has been converted to 240V with its original multi-tap transformer. It is ready to plug and play in Australia.
If you purchase from overseas please ensure you have the correct step-up transformer before powering on this unit. If you are unsure about this please send us a message.
- This sale is only for the 488 MKII. Nothing else is included.
- A three-point auto-locator (MEMO 1 and 2 and RTZ) lets the tape STOP or PAUSE at, or PLAY from preset points.
- REPEAT allows a section to played over and over between the MEMO 1 and MEMO 2 points.
- REHEARSAL programs the 488 MKII to repeat a punch-in/out sequence as many times as you wish, and AUTO IN/OUT actually executes it on tape exactly as you "previewed" in REHEARSAL.
- The tape speed can be increased or decreased with the PITCH CONTROL dial in both playback and record, to match pitch or for special effects.
- Tape: Compact Cassette (C-30 to 90), High-Bias (Type II, CrO2) (not included in sale)
- Track Format: 8-track/8-channel, single direction record/play
- Head Configuration: 8-channel record/play (permalloy) x 1
- 8-channel erase (ferrite) x 1
- Tape Speed: 9.5 cm/sec. (3-3/4 ips) +/- 1%
- Pitch Control: +/- 12% (approx.)
- Wow and Flutter: 0.04% WRMS , +/- 0.06% W. Peak
- Fast Winding Time: 80 sec. (approx.) with C-60
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 528 x 128 x 437 mm (20 13/16" x 5 1/16" x 17 3/16")
- Weight: 7.1 kg (15 lbs. 10 oz.)
- MIC/LINE INPUT (Ch.1, Ch.2) (XLR type connector x 2)
- MIC/LINE INPUT, Ch.1-2 (1/4" phone jack x 2)
- STEREO INPUT, Ch.9-12 (1/4" phone jack x 4)
- SUB INPUT (RCA jack x 2)
- LINE OUTPUT (RCA jack x 2)
- EFFECT 1+2 SEND (1/4" phone jack)
- CUE OUTPUT (RCA jack)
- MONITOR OUTPUT (RCA jack x 2)
- PHONES (1/4" stereo phone jack x 1)
- HIGH (Shelving): 10 kHz, +/- 12 dB
- MID (Parametric): 250 Hz to 5 kHz, +/- 12 dB
- LOW (Shelving): 100 Hz, +/- 12 dB
- 1 MIC INPUT to LINE OUTPUT: 65 dB / 68 dB
- 4 MIC INPUTS to LINE OUTPUT: 60 dB / 63 dB
- 1 LINE INPUT to LINE OUTPUT: 79 dB / 83 dB
- 8 LINE INPUTS to LINE OUTPUT: 76 dB / 79 dB
- Noise Reduction: dbx TYPE II
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
The Lofi Music Team have been providing professional audio solutions, restoration and repairs in the Sydney and Central Coast area for over ten years. Please see our very positive feedback and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.