Yamaha SK10 Symphonic Ensemble 70's Vintage Strings Synthesiser - 100V
The SK-10 was the first of the SK-series, released in 1979. It features organ, brass and string sections that can all be played together. The SK10 has a lovely string synth sound. The SK10 is often referred to as 'analogue', yet, its organ section is digital. The organ sound is an early implementation of Yamaha's FM technology in a very limited form, which eventually led to the DX series. The organ section sounds very B3 like. However, it is the string section, that is worth acquiring this keyboard for. Very similar to the best of the string synths, (such as the Arp Solina / Omni or the Logan String Machine) it has a sound reminiscent of the opening of 'Oxygene' (J-M Jarre) or the lead line from 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' (Joy Division). (Vinatge Synth Explorer)
• This is a used unit.
• This unit is in good condition for its age. It shows a small amount of wear from use and age like some light nicks and marks on the face plate. there are also some nicks and dents in the veneer on the side and back. There is nothing which detracts from the use, functions or sound of this unit. Please see photos for further details.
• This unit has had a minor service. It has been throughly tested and we can confirm it works as it should. All rotary and slide pots function as they should, as are the rocker switches.
• Please be aware this unit is 100V.
It is very important that you ensure you have the correct step-down transformer before powering the SK10 on. If you are unsure about this or have any questions please feel free to send us a message. We have some compatible ones HERE.
• You may also need a step-down transformer if you purchase from overseas. Please get in touch if you are not sure.
• This sale is for the SK10 unit only. Nothing else is included in this sale.
If you are in a remote area you may incur extra fees.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.