Roland MKS-30 Planet-S 80's Polyphonic Synthesiser 2U Rack Mount 240V *Serviced*
The MKS-30 is often refered to as a MIDI rack mount version of the JX3P. Interestingly, the circuits are a bit different, and unlike the JX3P, the MKS-30 uses the same "Voice Chips" as the Juno-106!
The MKS-30 is a 2U rack mount, analogue synthesiser with two DCO's per voice, six voice polyphony, it responds to velocity, and has 64 internal memory patches. The typical assortment of analogue filter, envelope, LFO and oscillator sections are here with easy and straight-forward programming. It can be controlled by the PG-200 programmer (not included in sale) for easier hands-on tweaking.
- This is a used unit.
- Physically this unit is in good condition. It shows some general wear from use and age like some rack rash, nicks, scratches and scuffs. One rack ear is chipped. A previous owner has engraved their name on the back. There is nothing major and overall it is still a nice synth!
- All switches, sliders and controls function as they should.
- This unit has some patches saved onto it from a previous owner.
- This MKS-30 has recently come from a service. This included but is not limited to:
- Deep clean inside and out.
- All switches have been thoroughly cleaned.
- Any functional issues were addressed. Any faulty components have been replaced.
- The memory battery has been replaced.
- The "Voice Chips" / Roland 80017A have been refurbished. There is plenty of information about this online. We have been working on this technique for many years and have a great success rate with it.
Please be aware this unit is 240V. This means it is ready to plug and play within Australia and New Zealand!
- If you purchase from outside Australia you will need a step-up transformer to use this unit. Please contact us if you need any help sourcing the correct product.
- This beauty sounds great and is ready to go at home or in the studio!
- This MKS-30 uses a standard IEC cable to power on. This cable is not included in the sale.
- This sale is for the MKS-30 only.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
We do not accept returns for incorrect purchase or change of mind.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
The Lofi Music Team have been providing professional audio solutions, restoration and repairs in the Sydney and Central Coast area for over ten years. Please see our very positive feedback and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about this item or any other awesome synths you find in our store!