Analogue Renaissance AR80017A - Replacement Upgrade for Roland 80017A Voice Filter/VCA Chip
• The new highly improved version of Roland's 80017A Chip. Direct drop in replacement.
• For use in Juno 106, GR-700, MKS-7 and MKS-30
• Far more stable, robust, and will last a lifetime. Unlike the originals.
• Sounds identical
• We have another listing for 6 pieces to do a full upgrade to a Juno 106. Or please ask if you'd like larger quantities.
International tax, vat, duty or any other fees are not covered by us, nor are included in the sale price. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
See below for information from Analogue Renaissance.
• Better than the original.
• Sounds exactly the same as the original. I'm very serious about this and I'm well aware that I am the only one that claims this. This is not without a reason. No one is able to hear nor measure any difference with the original chips.
• Functions exactly the same as the original. No nonsense, just do what is said in the Roland JUNO-106 service manual.
• Designed and built to the highest standard (take a look at the high-res images below to see for yourself).
• All integrated components are in mass-production by more than one manufacturer and have been available for at least a decade. Thus have a proven reliability and are easy obtainable(in the very unlikely event of failure).
• Used discretes are close tolerance and high quality
• Not dipped in resin. (the black plastic goo in which the original ones and other clones are encapsulated). The original ones were dipped in it for protection due to the ultra thin pcb tracks and the printed resistors. My clones do not need this because the quality of the pcb's is of the highest that exists and has real resistors instead of thin carbon printed on plastic. The only reason I can come up with why the other (poor) clones are dipped in it, is because the manufacturers of these are afraid of somebody copying their designs. I won't like that either, but I prefer providing something that has possibility to last for ever. I want all components to be accessible for replacement. (if ever necessary in the far future) As said before: they are mass products and easy to obtain.
• Very high quality PCB: Still uses HASL SnPb finish and SnPb soldering. Which is still the most reliable assembly method. RoHS compliance is not required here as this is a part to repair old non-RoHS equipment.
• PCB pads are optimized for liquid solder.
• All tested prior to shipping: I built a small bed-of-needle tester which does both an electrical test (To see if it doesn't load the power supply and input signals too much), a functional test (to check if everything works as it should work) and a parametrical test (to see if everything is within defined tolerance level). Pictures of this test are below.
• 5 years limited warranty: I know there is some discussion going on on some mailing lists and synthesizer fora on the subject if my clones will last longer than the original ones. I'm proud of the quality I make and I'm certain they will last a long time. So 5 years warranty. This warranty is for ones that die with no apparent reason. Not for ones that you blow up driving a truck over it, feeding it to the dog,...you get my point here
• Do not take my word for it. Do some internet searching and read what other people have to tell about these clones.
Standard postage within Australia is free. We have tried to estimate express postage, however if you are in a remote area you may incur extra fees.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.