Roland DJ-70 (MK1) 90's Digital Sampling Keyboard W/ Scratch Wheel Sequencer & More- 100V
The DJ-70 is a sampling workstation that Roland Italy released in 1992.
The DJ-70 features 37 keys, a backlit display, MIDI, a scratch wheel, which is used to simulate the scratch effect of analog turntables and vinyl records as popularised by DJs. It also features a bender and pad buttons that can be used to play patches.
According to the user manual, the DJ-70 was designed for use in the dance market and to provide DJs with everything they need. It also offers complete compatibility with Roland S-770/750/55/330 and W30 samples. The scratch wheel is definitely a very novel feature, but more of a gimmick than anything else. The DJ-70 also came with a built-in 3,5 floppy disk drive unit, which was intended for recording studios, television and broadcasting stations, as well as pure hobbyist use.
The DJ-70 streamlined the sampling process by allowing users to connect their audio source of choice to the audio-input and then pressing the Start/End sample key to start recording. Once the process is complete the sample patch is automatically created and assigned to a key on the keyboard as well as one of the pads and the scratch dial. To make the DJ-70 more appealing to DJs, it also has a "Load While Playing" function which allows for uninterrupted playing while loading samples from the disk drive. (vintage synth explorer)
- This is a used unit.
- Physically this unit is in good condition. It shows some light, general wear from use and age. Nothing major at all though. Overall it is still a nice piece.
- This DJ-70 has been serviced. All faulty components were replaced
- The floppy disk drive has been tested and we can confirm it is fully functional.
- Please be aware this unit is 100V. This means it MUST be used with a step-down transformer, not a travel adaptor. If you are unsure about this please let us know. We have some great, compatible step-downs for sale here.They are designed in Australia for use in Australia and can be run 24/7.
- If you purchase from outside Australia you may need a step-down transformer to use this unit. Please contact us if you need any help sourcing the correct product.
- A two pin adaptor and cable will be included for Australian buyers to use between their step-down and the unit. A two pin IEC adaptor will be included for all other buyers.
If you live in a remote area you will most likely incur extra charges as this unit is large and heavy.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
The Lofi Music Team have been providing professional audio solutions, restoration and repairs in the Sydney and Central Coast area for over ten years. Please see our very positive feedback and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about this item or anything else you like in our store!