Sony TC-D5M Vintage Portable Stereo Cassette Recorder
This Sony TC-D5M is a stereo cassette deck with Dolby B noise reduction, it was first sold by Sony in 1979 The main features of the Sony TC-D5M are: 2 heads, mechanical 3 digit tape counter, manual tape type selection and capable of handling normal, chrome, ferro-chrome and metal tapes, belt driven single-capstan transport. Typical of this deck is the 70's top loading layout with the cassette compartment located on the left side of the deck. Tape eject is operated mechanically and the cassette needs to be placed with the side to be played facing forward in the cassette well. To make live recordings this deck has 2 microphone inputs to connect microphones with a jack connector. Connection to other audio components for playback can be achieved by a RCA cable and recording from a source by a RCA cable.
The TC-D5M is perfect for a bit of cassette machine nostalgia. It can be used to play back and enjoy old tapes, record new tapes, the portable size of the unit paired with strap pins and the battery powered option means you could even use it outdoors to record natural soundscapes and samples, or it could even be used as a functional vintage prop for movies, TV and theatre.
• This unit has been used.
• This unit shows some general wear from use and age. This includes some sections where the finish has deteriorated. As well as some general marks, nicks and scratches. Overall it is still a nice piece. The general wear does not detract from its use, functions or sound.
• This Sony TC-D5M has had a service. The belts were replaced with brand new ones. The tape mechanism has been cleaned and re-greased.
• This unit has been thoroughly tested. It has no faults to note.
• The tape in the photos is not included in this sale. It is pictured for demonstation purposes only.
• This unit can be powered off two D batteries or a 6V DC Negative Centre power adaptor. A power supply will be included for Australian and New Zealand buyers only.
If you are in a remote area you may incur extra fees.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
Please contact us with any enquiries, and check our other listings for more pro audio and accessories.