Kurzweil K2000 90's 61 Key Polyphonic Synthesiser W/ Sampler Effects & More!
The K2000 uses V.A.S.T. (Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology) which allows you to take any multi-sample, noise or waveform and process it using just about any synthesis technique. The source of these multi-samples are from the 8MB of ROM which hold tons of authentic and superb quality samples. The internal processing is 32-bit with 18-bit DACs. The K2000 uses 31 sound-shaping algorithms to provide a variety of resonant filters, EQs, continuous panning, amplitude modulation, crossfade, distortion, digital wrap, waveshaper, pulse width modulation, high frequency enhancement, low frequency oscillators, hard sync oscillators and mixing oscillators, all with real-time MIDI control.
It's a beautiful synth with an elegant and organised layout and very high quality pitch and mod wheels! Not to mention a 61-note velocity & aftertouch sensitive keyboard with a quality feel and response to playing. The sampling expansion (included and installed) adds a quality sampler with standard 2MB RAM that can be expanded to 64MB. Sample in stereo or mono, via analog or digital inputs and you have all the sample edit functions you'll need to create some of your own sounds. Use the built-in 3.5" disk drive or connect an external drive to the SCSI port for limitless sample storage. (Neither internal or external SCSI drives are included).
Other professional features include stereo multi-effects capable of four simultaneous effects including reverb, chorus, delay, multi-tap delay, flange, rotary simulation and more. Up to six polyphonic audio outputs. There's also the 32-Track sequencer, fully editable, with features like 768 ppq resolution and nondestructive track editing and groove quantizing.
- This K2000 has been used.
- This unit is in great condition for its age. It only shows some general wear from use and age like some marks, nicks, sections where the finish on the plastic has rubbed off and scratches. The keys have started to turn a cream colour. Overall it is a nice synth! Please ensure to see all photos.
- The screen does not have a backlight.
- The K2000 has a built in fan which you can hear when you switch it on.
- This unit has been serviced. This included replacing all the tact switches.
- This K2000 has been tested and we can confirm this unit is in full working order. It sounds great and has no faults to note. All buttons and potentiometers work as they should. The FDD still works too!
- This unit has the sampling expansion installed.
- This K2000 is running OS 3.54.
- The K2000 uses AA batteries for its memory circuit. The AA battery holder is located on the bottom of the synthesiser. These batteries are not included in the sale. Please ensure to set a reminder to change your batteries yearly. If you put the synth into storage ensure to take the AA batteries out.
- This unit is 240V. It is ready to plug and play within Australia and New Zealand.
- If you purchase from overseas please ensure you have the correct step-up transformer before powering on this K2000. If you are unsure about this please let us know so we can help you source the correct product.
- This unit powers on with an IEC cable. This cable will be included in the sale for AU and NZ buyers only.
- This sale is for the K2000 and IEC (AU and NZ only). Nothing else is included in this sale.
If you are in a remote area you may incur extra fees.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions and remember to check out our other listings for more awesome analogue synths.