Roland AX-1 Keytar - 90's MIDI Controller
Rolands AX-1 Keytar is a pure MIDI controller keyboard, designed to be worn like a guitar with a shoulder strap.
Conceptually designed by David Sherriff and Andrew Leggo in the U.K., before Roland Europe in Italy took on the electronic engineering. Many famous artists have been seen using the AX-1, including Jean-Michel Jarre, Imogen Heap & Peter Gabriel.
It features a 45 note, velocity sensitive keyboard, a pitch bend ribbon for extra control, a touch like expression bar on the neck, and a sustain switch on the back for more possibilities. Being a MIDI only device, it doesn't produce any of it's own sounds, so needs to be connected to software or a sound module to be fully utilised. (Keytar.info)
• This is a used unit.
• This unit is in great condition for its age.
• This unit only has some minor blemishes. It is still very shiny and clean overall, the keys are still bright and white. Please see photos.
• This unit has been tested and is working as it should. The MIDI, all controls and keys are responsive.
• This sale is for the unit and original Roland strap only. No other accessories, power supplies or parts are included.
• AX-1 MIDI MASTER KEYBOARD CONTROLLER
Compatible with GS Format.
45-key dynamic portable keyboard
Programmable transposition, 32 User Patches, complete MIDI implementation,
battery operated (alkaline battery – MN 1500 or Sum 35 x 6 pcs not included in sale), Belt buttons.
• NECK / MASTER CONTROLS:
Programmable Data Entry Knob, Transpose, Patch Down, Patch Up, Start/Stop,
Modulation/Bender/After Touch Bar, Octave Down, Octave Up, Sustain Switch (Rear).
• BODY MASTER CONTROLS:
Patch Recall (16 Buttons), Patch 1/16, 17/32, Patch Mode On/Off, Variation CC 00, Variation CC 32,
Capital Program Change, 10 Numerical Buttons, Enter, Write, MIDI/Param, Upper
Section On/Off, Lower Section On/Off, Edit Upper/Lower, Chorus On/Off, Reverb
On/Off, Data Entry Assign.
• REAL PANEL SWITCHES AND OUTPUTS:
MIDI (Out), DC In, Power On/Off
• DIMENSIONS: mm. 1004 x 193 x 90
• WEIGHT: kg. 3
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.