Roland D-550 Digital Linear Synthesiser
The Roland D-550 is the rack version of the very popular, Roland D-50. It was first released in 1987 and was Rolands first fully digital Synth. It combined Linear Arithmetic (LA) Synthesis with harmonically-complex sampled (PCM) waveforms. It also features DSP effects and was the first performance synthesiser to do so. It can produce a wide range of sounds from warm, analog, acoustic and cutting-edge digital. Some of the most well known patches D-50 preset patches such as “Fantasia” and “Calliope” showcased the potential of LA synthesis and, along with many others, became signature sounds for some of the biggest pop hits of the era and continue to be used by artists today. (Roland offical website) Some notibale users of the D-50 and D-550 are Eric Clapton, Enya, 808 State, Jean Michel Jarre, Vince Clarke, Apollo 440, Eat Static, LTJ Bukem, Fluke, Information Society, Lab-4, Gary Numan, Rick Wakeman, Kitaro, Rush, Vangelis, Richard Barbieri, Boston and Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran
- This is a used unit.
- Physically this unit is in good condition. It shows wear from use and age such as marks, nicks and scratches. These occur all over the unit. One of the rack ears is bent and the text has started to wear off the buttons. Please ensure to see all photos.
- The screen does not have a backlight.
- All switches and controls function as they should.
- This unit has been converted to 240V with its internal factory multi-tap transformer. This means it is ready to plug and play within Australia and New Zealand.
- If you purchase from overseas please ensure you have the correct step-up transformer. If you are unsure about this please send us a message so we can help you source the correct product.
- This unit powers on with an IEC cable. A cable will only be included for Australian and New Zealand buyers.
- This sale is for the D-550 and IEC (AU and NZ only). There is nothing else included in this sale.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
The Lofi Music Team have been providing professional audio solutions, restoration and repairs in the Sydney and Central Coast area for over ten years. Please see our very positive feedback and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about this item or any other awesome synths you find in our store!