The MKS-10 Planet-P is a 16-voice polyphonic piano sound module with MIDI, released in 1984 by Roland. It has just eight preset sounds: two Piano sounds, two Clavi sounds, two Harpsichord sounds, and two Electric Piano sounds. The sounds can be freely combined and stored in any one of the 128 memory patches.
Sounds can be tweaked, but only slightly. There is a Brilliance control to adjust the brightness of the sound, and short and long release time settings. Chorus, Flanging and two different Tremolo effects are also provided. The effects can be adjusted using the Rate and Depth controls. All effects, filter and envelope settings are also stored into patch memory. There are also master Tune and Volume controls on the front panel. The MKS-10 can respond to MIDI velocity as well as MIDI control change messages for expressive playing and realtime tweaking via your MIDI keyboard controller or sequencer.
This unit has been used.
- This MKS-10 shows some general wear from use and age. Nothing which detracts from the use or sound of the unit. Please see photos.
- This unit has been throughly tested and everything is working as it should. There are no faults to note.
- Please be aware this unit is 100V. This means it MUST be used with a step-down transformer, not a travel adaptor. If you are unsure about this please let us know. We have some great, compatible step-downs for sale HERE. They are designed in Australia for use in Australia and can be run 24/7.
- If you purchase from outside Australia you may need a step-down transformer to use this unit. Please contact us if you need any help sourcing the correct product.
- This unit requires an IEC cable to power on. A Japanese IEC will be supplied for you to use between the unit and your step-down transformer.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
We do not accept returns for change of mind or incorrect purchase.
Please contact us with any enquiries, and check our other listings for more pro audio!