Tascam 122 MK II Vintage Rack Mount Stereo Cassette Tape Recorder - 100V
The Tascam 122MKII was released in 1987. It is a 3U Rack mountable. stereo cassette recorder and was a radical upgrade to the original 122. It features a three-motor transport with full-logic control, enabling features such as digital tape counter display, memory and return to zero, tape run time TRT display and Variable pitch control. The Mk II continued with one of the 122’s popular features, front-panel bias/level tweaks. When used in conjunction with the built-in 400 Hz/10 kHz oscillator and VU meters, users could tune the bias up to whatever tape was at hand. New to the 122 Mk II was Dolby HX Pro. This “active bias” technique largely overcame the problems with self-bias and loss of high frequencies in recordings by dynamically adjusting the bias oscillator to maintain constant bias levels. The result was improved high-frequency performance with headroom improvements up to six dB.
- This is a used unit.
- This unit has been serviced. The service included a full deck service, new belts, transport and head alignments, speed test / pitch alignment, clean and demagnetised the heads. The motor control board was also recapped as it is known to be one of the more unreliable parts of the unit.
- This unit is ready to go at home or in the studio.
- This unit is in pretty good cosmetic condition. It has one large scuff / scratch on near the rack mounts. As well as some smaller general rack rash, nicks and scratches. Please see photos for further details.
- The Input and output knobs on this unit are not original, however very similar. They were taken off another model of Tascam rack unit from the same era.
- This sale is for the Tascam 122 MK II unit only. No other parts or accessories are included.
- Please be aware, this unit is 100V. This means you MUST connect it to the correct step-down transformer before powering it on. If you are unsure about this feel free to send us a message as we would be glad to help you source the correct item. We also have some for sale. Please see our other listings.
- The use of a step-down transformer may also apply to international buyers as well. Please ask if you are unsure so we can help you source the correct item.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you. We do not refund for incorrect purchase or change of mind. Paypal fees are not refunded anymore.
Shipping within Australia is free unless you are in a remote area. Remote areas will incur extra fees.
International shipping cost does not include import charges, GST, VAT, TAX or any other fees. These are the buyers responsibility.