Tascam Syncaset 238 80's 8 Track Rack Multitrack Cassette Tape Recorder - 100V
Discover the allure of vintage analogue sound with the revered Tascam 238 Syncaset 8-Track Recorder! Renowned for its warmth and nostalgic grainy tones, the 238 remains a sought-after gem, especially in today's revival of cassettes and tape machines.
The Tascam 238 revolutionized the 8-track recording experience, presenting new users with a sophisticated 4U rack mountable tape machine that offered unparalleled 8-channel multitrack recording capabilities. This innovation eliminated the need for an expensive and space-consuming full open-reel system.
Combining the convenience and efficiency of the compact cassette format, the Tascam 238 achieved sound quality that rivaled the best 4-channel cassette machines of its time, surpassing many conventional high-fidelity cassette recorders. It maintained exceptional quality across a full eight tracks on compact cassette tape was made possible by an advanced and innovative head design, coupled with a precision double-speed transport system.
Notably, Tascam's unique head design achieved crosstalk specifications matching the high-performance Tascam 246 and 234 4-track cassette machines, renowned for their excellence during that era and still cherished by enthusiasts today.
Remaining true to the revered Tascam tradition, the 238 Syncaset impresses not only with its exceptional sound but also with its ease of operation and remarkable versatility.
- This is a used unit.
- This 238 has been fully serviced. The service included but is not limited to:
- Deep clean inside and out.
- Deep clean of the tape mechanism.
- Lubricated and greased all moving parts.
- Demagnetised the heads.
- Replaced all faulty components.
- Thorough test of all functions.
- We can confirm this unit is 100% functional and has no faults to note.
- This unit shows a small amount of general wear from use and age. like scuffs, marks and nicks. Nothing major at all. Overall it is still a nice piece. Please see photos for further details.
- This unit does not have any rack ears.
- The tape in these photos is for demonstration purposes only and is not included in this sale.
- Please be aware this unit is 100V. This means it MUST be used with a step-down transformer. A high quality, 100W isolated step-down will be included for Australian and New Zealand buyers only. If you purchase from overseas you may also need to use a step-down. Please get in touch before purchase or powering on if you are unsure at all.
- This sale is for the unit and a step-down (for AU & NZ only). No other parts, accessories or power supplies are included unless mentioned above.
If you are in a remote area you may incur extra fees.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.
Thanks for looking, please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions