Yamaha CS-30L 70's Vintage Monophonic Analogue Synthesiser - 100V
If you are looking to add a hands on, vintage, analogue, mono to your set up this may be the synthesier for you!
The CS-30L was in the top range of Yamaha's original line-up of monophonic synthesisers, others in the range being the CS5, CS10 and CS15. It features two VCOs, two VCFs - both featuring low-pass, band-pass and high-pass options, two VCAs and three envelope generators. It also sports a ring modulator and a voltage controlled LFO.
The CS-30L features a a variety of switches which allow the user to re-route the signal flow from the usual VCO-VCF-VCA convention. For example, VCO 1 can output a square wave through VCF 1 whilst also outputting a high-pass filtered sawtooth wave through VCO 2. Another example is that the envelope generators can be assigned to any of the VCO, VCF and VCA modules and can also be inverted. Because the LFO is voltage controlled, the oscillating speed can be governed by an envelope generator and different waveforms can be applied to the other modules all at the same time. The CS-30L also features an external signal input for filtering other musical instruments like guitars and audio sources, which can also be used as a modulation source.
The CS-30L does not have the built in sequencer that features in the CS-30, however it is built into a tolex case for portability and live performance.
The CS-30L is excellent for someone who loves to come up with their own sounds. It is capable of creating some wild and unique electronic sounds. To get the most out of this synth it is recommended that you read the owners manual which is still available for free online.
• This is a used unit.
• This unit is in great condition for its age. The front panel only shows a small amount of wear from use and age. A couple of slider caps are not original. Most wear is on the sides / edges and corners of the unit. These are mostly nicks and chips. Please see photos for further details.
• The Tolex case which protects the synthesiser has done its job well! It shows obvious wear from use and age. This includes some rips, the corners are chipped and also and has the word T-BIRD spray painted onto it.
• This unit has had a major service. Any faulty parts or components have been replaced. This beauty is sounding great!
• Please be aware this unit is 100V.
It is very important that you ensure you have the correct step-down transformer before powering the CS-30L on. If you are unsure about this or have any questions please feel free to send us a message. We have some compatible ones here: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/173909299338
• This sale is for the CL-30L unit only. Nothing else is included in this sale.
Polyphony - (1) Monophonic
Oscillators - 2 VCOs
Keyboard - 44 Keys
Control - CV/Gate, External Trigger
Date Produced - 1977 - 1980
If you are in a remote area you may incur extra fees.
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.