Originally designed and marketed as a home audio "bookshelf" speaker, the Yamaha NS-10M has gained notoriety and popularity as a near-field studio monitor which began with their appearance in the legendary Power Station Studio, NYC. The NS-10M also won Yamaha a Technical Grammy in 2007, citing that the speakers were used in "almost every studio."
The Yamaha NS-10MT was released in 1996. These units have a bass reflex system, an increased maximum input (180W vs 120W for 1987 versions, and vs 50W for the 1978 OG), magnetically sealed drivers, a slightly larger box to accomodate mounting brackets, and no distinguishing model name on the face – just “YAMAHA” written bottom centre. Also, the connectors for the front cover poke out, instead of in. It is the last of the NS10 family, and the most radically different in design, although still very noticeable for the white cone. It is also the only NS-10M speaker sold individually, and thus does not come in matching pairs. (ns-10.com)
- These monitors have been used.
- These studio monitors have been tested and are working as they should. Both monitors sound great.
- Cosmetically these monitors are in great condition. They show some very light signs of wear cases. The cones are in beautiful condition. Please see all photos.
- These units will ship with their original grilles.
- Please note this sale is for the speakers and grilles only. No other parts or accessories are included in the sale
International import tax, duty, vat, custom fees or any other charges are not covered by us, nor included in the shipping fees. These are the responsibility of the buyer.
Returns will only be accepted for manufacture defects / faulty items. Please contact us if you have any problems with your purchase and we will strive to work it out with you.